Investing in healthy buildings results in safety and value
This article describes the commercial benefits of healthier buildings, including:
- greater health and confidence in employees
- better investor receptivity
- increased productivity and collaboration
- higher property values
- A study of building owners cited in the report suggests buildings that implement healthy building practices are worth 7% more than comparable conventional buildings, are easier to lease, and command rent premiums.
- Another study referenced in the report cites the positive impact of healthy building practices on increased employee productivity, collaboration and satisfaction. For example, the “American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) headquarters office, which incorporated healthy building standards, reported that collaborative work increased by 9% and productivity increased by 16%.”